* Results may vary | Results are based on individual circumstances | Timeframes for results are not guaranteed | Willpower is always required!
Client of the month Jan 2017! What does Jacqueline have to say about her experience at Ultimate Performance
Did you have any doubts or reservations about starting Personal Training before you started with Ultimate Performance?
In November 2015, my orthopedic surgeon told me that I had two options for my slipped discs C5, C6 (caused by bad posture and sedentary lifestyle); 1) surgery or 2) get fitter and start building muscles to better support my spine. I wore a neck brace for a few months and started slow recovery with physiotherapy but the numbness in my right hand and leg did not go away even after 6 months. In addition, I also had occasional lower back, knee and wrist pain which started after giving birth to my son over a decade ago.
In June 2016, my childhood friend Daryl introduced me to the Ultimate Performance (UP) transformation programme. I was riddled with doubts and I was very apprehensive because I have not been to a gym for at least 15 years, was never athletic/sportive, plus I never trained with a personal trainer! But the results Daryl achieved only after training with UP for 2 months were too compelling to ignore. As a mother, a full-time professional and almost in my mid-forties, I was also tired of making any more excuses for not feeling any fitter.
Out of all of the options available, Ultimate Performance stood out. They looked the part and seemed completely serious about what they do so it felt like a good place to start.
We know that our gyms can be quite intense environments. Did you feel comfortable and supported by your trainer and the overall team?
My 15 grueling weeks (48 one-hour, 3 times a week sessions) with UP were very intense. I was ready to throw in the towel after the first week (especially the no sugar, no carbs, no dairy and no alcohol diet!). Fortunately, my PT Evan who gave me the support and motivation I needed to stay focused and to keep working hard! I must say that between those menacing-looking machinery and those trainers with bulging biceps and X-shaped frames, powerfully armed with need-to-know workout lingo, it’s no surprise that gyms can score high on the intimidation scale!
I was never a morning person, so waking up at 5.30am for my training before work was an enormous feat. I even slept in my gym clothes to catch more sleep! I kept engaged as I started to see some results only after 3 weeks into programme. I felt visibly stronger and leaner, gaining more strength and flexibility after every session. My PT tailor-made the training for me, carefully working around my previous injuries, while keeping a close eye on the form in every rep during my training.
How would you describe the actual training experience – from the gym training to the nutritional coaching.
My measurements were taken every two weeks (that’s accountability!) and Evan monitored my progress and diet (via a food diary app) very closely. He gave me advice on nutrition, natural supplements and how to eat more healthily while giving my body all the nutrition it needed. My PT took the time to research and to patiently answer any question I had. I personally learnt a lot about how sugar is the enemy (not necessarily fat!) and how different foods and nutrients were affecting my body composition, my hormones, my mood, my rest and active cycles. I took my food, sleep, recovery period very seriously. I began to enjoy my training, lifting weights, focusing on creating a new body, instead of fighting the old one.
Do you feel different about yourself in any way since you started personal training with us?
Today, I am a different person. I have lost 9kgs (~10% body fat) in four months. I never thought this was ever possible. I feel a lot more energetic, stronger, lighter and happier! Not only have I avoided surgery, the numbness in my hand and leg have also completely disappeared! I still maintain my training twice a week with my PT and complement that with some pole fitness.
What would you say to your friends if they asked you about us?
I learnt that it is never too late or too old to get stronger and fitter. I am grateful for this transformational journey, the new friends I made along the way and to the great team at UP which is indeed about results, not promises. Highly recommend it!
Has Jacqueline motivated you? Find out more about Ultimate Performance’s Fat Loss Programmes.
Want to know how Ultimate Performance can help with your nutrition and training? Fill the form below and we will send you details.
Results may vary | Results are based on individual circumstances | Timeframes for results are not guaranteed | Willpower is always required!
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.