Like so many people living in a busy city, Norman was worried that his results would be hampered by all the travel that he has to do for work.
Fortunately for Norman, personal trainers at UP are fully versed in how to handle the difficulties of staying on track while living out of suitcases and eating airplane food!
Read Norman’s full testimonial about his incredible 12 week transformation below.
* Results may vary | Results are based on individual circumstances | Timeframes for results are not guaranteed | Willpower is always required!
What was the obstacle that would have prevented you from starting the process?
Personally, my biggest hurdle to starting — or committing to a training and diet program — is the concern that I won’t be in town very often. With fashion weeks and press trips, staying consistent with exercise has always been an issue.
What did you find as a result of training with UP
From the outset, my trainer was very clear with establishing expectations and commitment levels: How often can I train? Will I be travelling over the next 12 weeks? What is realistic when it comes to cooking my own food? I felt that he was really invested from day one to making sure we considered all factors (expected or unexpected) that could possibly impede my transformation and progress. The plan he devised was adaptable, and this gave me the confidence and assurance to really “trust the process” and leave it to the experts so to speak. Of course, it still comes down to personal motivation and discipline, but having that support and professional guidance was just great.
What specific benefit did you like most about your journey with UP?
The best thing about the UP journey was the professional support and investment by my trainer to really see me maximize my potential in just 12 weeks. From learning so much about nutrition — who knew there was so much more carbs per volume in bread compared to sweet potato — and developing the mental fortitude to just keep on pushing — “C’mon Norman, just two more!” — I felt that my success is just as much my trainer’s as it is mine.
What three other benefits have you taken away from your journey with UP?
Understanding that mental strength is more important than physical strength — the real key to a successful transformation (great or small) is the discipline to keep on doing the small things right: eating clean, drinking enough water, sleeping early, training consistently. All these little things add up; but it also means that it’s a 24-hour commitment, not just that one-hour in the gym.
When you fall off the bandwagon and indulge in a weekend of cheesecake, chocolate and croissants — like I did in Paris, two-thirds through the program — that you just have to get back into it and stop crying over spilt milk; or in this case, chocolate milkshakes.
Finally, you get out what you put in. It’s going to hurt, it’s not going to be pretty, and there will be times when you just want to give up, but if you keep you’re eyes fixed on the long-term goal and just keep keeping on, it will be worth it. It’s a new lifestyle choice, not just a programme.
Would you recommend UP? If so, why?
Definitely. Throughout the 12 weeks, as my friends and colleagues witnessed my gradual transformation, they were constantly asking me whether I recommend UP. 100 per cent. It really introduced discipline and self-care back into my daily life. Besides looking good, I feel strong, lean and healthy. Everything is firing on all cylinders, and I have a renewed sense of alertness.
Is there anything else you’d like to add?
It’s really amazing what you can achieve with good diet and discipline, provided you know what you’re doing. UP has the know-how, the resources, and the personal dedication from its trainers, to bring about a transformation. I was really impressed by the results I achieved in just 12 weeks; especially since I was away for about four weeks without access to a gym. Couple this with the fact that I also battled through a shoulder injury and food poisoning during this period, I’m really happy with how I now look and feel. But it doesn’t end here, it’s just the beginning!
Why don’t you make the decision now – fill the form below and we’ll send you details of our packages and the option for a free, no-commitment consultation to get you started.
Results may vary | Results are based on individual circumstances | Timeframes for results are not guaranteed | Willpower is always required!
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.