Jolaine had put all her energy into raising her two children, and felt stressed and tired out.
She wanted more ‘me’ time, even if it was just a few hours a week.
I used to watch my kids’ activities on the weekend and think to myself, ‘how I wish I could dedicate some time to being active.
That was when she decided to join UP Singapore.
After only 12 weeks, she’s discovered that niche she had been looking for.
I worked the training sessions into my schedule, and was also able to accommodate around my travel for work, which meant I could pick up where I left off.
I really started to enjoy getting out of the office and ensuring I kept to my commitment!
Now Jolaine has found a way to make her health a priority, while finally taking the time to enjoy herself.
Read the full testimonial below of how Jolaine made time for herself in her hectic lifestyle:
* Results may vary | Results are based on individual circumstances | Timeframes for results are not guaranteed | Willpower is always required!
What were your expectations going into the programme and what were your motivations?
“My motivation to come to UP was not about weight or appearance – but to dedicate some time back to myself which I had lost being a busy full time working mum of two kids. It was to ensure I was putting focus and attention on my own health and well being – inside and out.”
Can you tell me how you were feeling both physically and mentally before starting with UP?
“I was stressed, tired and unmotivated before I started with UP.
The thought of ‘getting to the gym’ was always there but I prioritized other things over it and used the excuse I am too tired to do anything.”
I used to watch my kids activities on the weekend and think to myself how I wish I could dedicate some time to being active.
What was your diet and lifestyle like before you started your transformation with UP?
“While I didn’t have a terrible diet prior to beginning the program I also didn’t say no to small things that soon started to add up slowly.
I worked long hours and didn’t put enough focus on ensuring I got moving every day.
“I was surprised how the weight had crept up even though it wasn’t the reason for joining but glad I stopped it there.”
How did your diet and lifestyle change when you started your transformation with UP?
“I made a commitment to follow the nutrition program that Jerome gave me (with small allowances along the way) and it taught me so much about food and the effect it has on your body. I soon realized this is where I had gone wrong in the past.
I met with my trainer every week, 3 times a week and really enjoyed my workouts – even though they were not easy. But that is the point!”
I also realized how quickly my body became stronger even as it was adjusting to new foods and a new routine.
How did you find the training and did it fit around your busy lifestyle?
“I enjoyed the training sessions and worked it into my schedule.
I was also able to accommodate around my travel for work which meant I could pick up where I left off.”
I really started to enjoy getting out of the office and ensuring I kept to my commitment after work of getting moving!
What were your results like after your transformation?
“I was really pleased with the results which made me feel stronger, more confident and ultimately more accountable for what I put in my body.”
What were the most important things you learned during your journey and what really worked for you in helping you make your transformation?
“I learnt a huge amount about nutrition, the type of exercises that have an impact and ensuring I focused on my form. The UP focus is about ensuring the movement is done correctly to ensure maximum effect – not just going through the motions.”
How has doing this transformation changed you and do you think it will benefit you going forward?
This transformation has made me want to look after myself, spend time moving and be more conscious of what I am putting in my body.
“It has taught me to say ‘no’ most of the time and knowing it is ok to say ‘yes’ some of the time.
The lessons I learnt around training and nutrition will stay with me and I will continue to incorporate them into my lifestyle.”
Would you recommend UP and why?
I would (and have already) recommend UP as it is unlike anything I have done in the past. It covers the entire path to transformation and the trainers are there every step of the way encouraging you.
Jolaine is proof that no matter how busy you are, 12 weeks is all you need at UP to completely change your life..
Results may vary | Results are based on individual circumstances | Timeframes for results are not guaranteed | Willpower is always required!
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.