Serge was already in reasonably-good shape when he came to Ultimate Performance – he was healthy and thought he knew about nutrition.
But working with UP for just 12 weeks has helped him take his body, his health and his performance to the next level.
The 32-year-old says UP helped him push beyond anything he thought he was capable of and unleash the ‘beast’ inside him.
The software development consultant built a muscular, athletic physique working one-to-one with his UP trainer – cutting his body fat down to an incredibly lean sub-10%.
“My body fat dropped from 14.7% to 9.7%,” he says. “Finally, you can see there’s a real beast hidden inside of me!
“The most important thing is that I feel a lot better in all the different aspects of my life.”
It’s not just his physical appearance that has been transformed though. The combination of optimal nutrition with his intelligent training programme has helped boost his health and his performance at work.
Serge credits his 12-week transformation with increasing his productivity, improving his discipline at work and helping him break revenue records at the company.
* Results may vary | Results are based on individual circumstances | Timeframes for results are not guaranteed | Willpower is always required!
What were your expectations going into the program and what were your motivations?
“I wanted to get new insights into training, why I should do particular exercises and how to execute them properly.
I wanted to get more insight into what effect the right nutrition has on your body and to get better results than I have ever achieved so far myself.”
Can you tell me how you were feeling both physically and mentally before starting with UP?
“Physically and mentally I felt reasonably good.”
What was your diet and lifestyle like before you started your transformation with UP?
“I trained regularly myself so I had a reasonably healthy lifestyle.”
How did your diet and lifestyle change when you started your transformation with UP?
“The biggest lesson for me was that I learned what carbohydrates do to the body both physically and mentally.
This was a real positive surprise for me.”
“And above all, after eight years, it is the first time that I haven’t had any troubles with my digestion anymore after my trainer and I found out that I’m intolerant to dairy products.”
What effect did this have on your health, performance, lifestyle and energy inside and outside the gym?
“Everything went better – my performance in the gym increased every week. I felt happier and performed way better at my work. I just had my biggest turnover in revenue in the last six years!
The foundation of that turnover was established in the time I was working out at UP.”
How did you find the training and did it fit around your busy lifestyle?
“The training was really good and super intense. The purpose was to get the most out of it. That was the main reason to go and train at UP. To know for 100% sure in all the three months there’s no way you can cheat on a single rep and you have to push yourself beyond your limits.
“This has taught me a lot of discipline in my work and private life.”
In the beginning, I found it really hard to schedule things because everything was new. Luckily my trainer was always there to assist me with good advice and helpful tips. In the end, you just have to set priorities and do it. It’s totally worth it.”
What were the most important things you learned during your journey and what really worked for you in helping you make your transformation?
“The impact certain nutrients have on body composition.”
“What effect rest/sleep has on my mental and physical performance.”
“I learned what food does to my body.
That training is not only about just pushing the weights. There’s a lot of technique just small adjustments can have a huge impact.”
How has doing this transformation changed you and do you think it will benefit you going forward?
“I will take all these lessons with me for the rest of my life. My nutrition has changed a lot as well as my training. This knowledge is very valuable.”
Would you recommend UP and why?
“For sure I think that’s pretty clear by now. It changes your life in a lot in a relatively short amount of time!”
Results may vary | Results are based on individual circumstances | Timeframes for results are not guaranteed | Willpower is always required!
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.