Client of the Month Timothy says consistency, discipline and finding the right mentor that helps you push you to your limits are the key factors to a body transformation.
Just a couple of months ago, he looked at himself in the mirror and couldn’t help but feel sorry for himself – he had completely neglected his body and health. With the knee injury he had several years back, he was not able to find a way to keep up on weight control and fitness. He knew something needed to be done in order for him to enjoy life to the full again.
Timothy’s full testimonial of his incredible transformation is below:
* Results may vary | Results are based on individual circumstances | Timeframes for results are not guaranteed | Willpower is always required!
What were your expectations going into the programme and what were your motivations?
Fat loss is one of the expectations, but more importantly I wanted to learn to live a healthier lifestyle. A few problems I was facing that motivated me were: (1) long working hours behind a desk, (2) a painful knee injury, and (3) an unhealthy diet.
Can you tell me how you were feeling both physically and mentally before starting with UP?
Physically I felt weak and didn’t have enough stamina. Mentally I felt tired and lazy for every activity I did.
What was your diet and lifestyle like before you started your transformation with UP?
I like eating and I eat a lot – especially ‘dirty’ food. I would say my diet was very Asian – heavily loaded with carbs and no veg or protein.
Lifestyle wise – as I mentioned, I spend most of my days sitting behind a desk for work, and when I’m done with work, I go home and lie on the sofa to ‘rest’.
How did your diet and lifestyle change when you started your transformation with UP?
Diet wise it’s a dramatic change in terms of portion and food choices.
According to the plan, the number of meals per day has changed from 2 to 4, and the portions are split equally.
I have changed from a carb-only diet to a no-carbs, high-protein diet.
Lifestyle wise work is not something I can change, but I managed to squeeze an one-hour gym sessions with my trainer during my lunch hour, and train 3 times a week.
It was really tough when it first started as I have to go back to work after the gym.
What effect did this have on your health, performance, lifestyle and energy inside and outside the gym?
Now I don’t feel the regular knee pain I have had ever since the injury. The first two weeks of the programme were tough; I was not able to complete one single set of the workout routine.
However, as soon as it hit the end of second week, I felt energised and stronger.
It was still tough inside the gym, but I was able to push and lift heavier weights. I spent most of my time outside the gym resting.
How did you find the training and did it fit around your busy lifestyle?
Training was really tough and intense, but it’s worth every second in the gym. I sacrifice my lunch hour for the training, but it turns out to be a pretty good fit in my work schedule.
What were your results like after your transformation?
Weight wise I went down from 84kg to 66kg. My body looks leaner and much more firm.
Now I maintain 4 meals per day and know how and what to pick for my meals.
What were the most important things you learned during your journey and what really worked for you in helping you make your transformation?
The nutrition knowledge and having the correct mindset are the most important things I’ve learned.
I think what really worked for me is the relationship I have with my trainer. We were able to have open dialogues about the doubts I have (I had lots of questions about everything), and we were able to make adjustments and take a balance according to my needs and what he has planned for me.
Has doing this transformation changed you and do you think it will benefit you going forward?
Definitely. Now I am stronger and healthier, and most importantly I have the knowledge to keep me going.
Would you recommend UP and why?
100% yes. But only to those who are fully committed. The reason is simple – it’s result-focused, and what you learn and get out of the programme is of life-long benefit.
After 18 weeks of hard work, absolute focus and smart training, I am very proud to say that joining UP was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
Of course the body transformation is rewarding, but what’s more important is the extensive nutrition knowledge I’ve learnt, and finding the right balance which will allow me to carry on with this healthier and happier lifestyle going forward.
Now that I have developed stronger muscles and a stronger knee, I’m able to enjoy all the sports I have missed out on. For those of you who are on the same path, remember: attitude is everything. It’s down to how much you want it. Good luck.
Results may vary | Results are based on individual circumstances | Timeframes for results are not guaranteed | Willpower is always required!
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.